Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sridevi's Muslim Costume Drama - SULTANAT!


Before I start this diary let me add here - My dad was a distributor in Mangalore and was owning a theatre. So, watching movies was very easy for us. He had seen Sultanat and told me this - yeh Bakwaas picture hai, yeh film tum dekho math, but I for Sridevi had to watch it - Sultanat!

Father and son starred together. I am referring to Dharmendra and Sunny Deol. A muslim costume drama, has Sridevi as the Princess Yasmine. Juhi Chawla made her acting debut in this film, after she won the Miss India title. She was paired opposite Karan Kapoor (Shashi Kapoor's son). Kalyandji Anandji composed music for the film, which was directed by Late Mukul Anand.
The film was a flop at the box office.
Some songs that I remember - Jaano Jaanam Jaaneman, Jaane tamanna Janejigar!
And the Juhi Chawla song was a melodious one - Nazar Ne Nazar Se kya Kaha..

Sundeep Malani
Sridevi Fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment